Wednesday 25 January 2012

It's right in front of me, why do I overlook it??

Here I am on day 3... My container of TUMS is in front of me and 3/4 way through lunch I remembered that I didn't take it. I'm not going to beat myself up about it but appreciate that taking new medications requires a change in mindset, and an understanding of its importance...but I do understand why I should take it and why it's important. But oohh, that mindset, what a hurdle!!

If I were relatively new to dialysis faced with an avalanche of new information, it would probably take me a while (months) to get my bearings and sort things out. Also, the last thing I'd want to hear is a treatise on why I shouldn't miss my binder. Perhaps I'm still feeling a bit defensive about not taking the binder right away. Irrespective...ask me about how I'm managing/coping with being on dialysis, what supports/resources do I need in place, how's the family coping, talk about moving forward. Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment