Wednesday 25 January 2012

Renal Diet: Day 3

I'm halfway through my 3rd day of the renal diet. I have to say, I've gotten much better at planning out my meals in advance. Some of the highlights include a homemade zucchini bread with tea in the morning, and homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner and lunch today.   I've got a good menu for a week....but beyond that, I think this would get extremely repetitive.  


I feel that this challenge is definitely do-able for the week (not even - 5 days!)...but to think of being on this diet indefinitely is a bit unimaginable.  It would be so hard to give up my favourite foods indefinitely, and yet I hear so many of my patients say they haven't had a banana in years or they have cut out chocolate or cheese completely!  I am impressed with those patients, but not at all envious.  Occasional cheat days and 'treats' are important for ones sanity...I will be much more accepting of this with my patients from now on.      - Arti 

No comments:

Post a Comment