Thursday 26 January 2012

Confession

I avoided my usual half sandwich for breakfast for the past 2 days because I didn't want to face the mint of TUMS XS in the a.m. A hot drink sufficed.  Made me wonder how many of our patients do the same. I pulled myself up by the bootstraps this morning, and now again while having lunch, to embrace the cool mint sensation of the TUMS long after it dissolved. May I say that I've also noticed a change in my GI motility. Therefore, I've ramped up my dietary fibre.

Do what you have to do to stay as healthy as possible...

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you CAN ramp up your dietary fibre. Those of us who are on diet and no binders are not that fortunate. Imagine the challenge of GI motility when you are on:
    Low fibre, fluid restrictions AND calcium as phosphate binder. No wonder we hand out precriptions for Lactulose

    ReplyDelete