Monday 23 January 2012

Day 1: On the renal diet

I've survived day one on a renal diet....barely!  It's a Monday, and I didn't do a great job of planning for the week....so I had to rely on a lot of purchased food.   I think I came pretty close to exceeding my sodium limit for the day.  Nonetheless...the food was pretty tasty!   Here's the breakdown:

Cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese for breakfast (566 mg of sodium)

A romaine salad with low potassium vegetables and asian sesame dressing for lunch (a little over 700 mg sodium...yikes!) 

A few crackers and ginger snap cookies for a snack

Shrimp scampi with linguine, mushrooms, and little bit of spinach (This was homemade with lots of herbs just a pinch of salt).   And yes...the spinach is technically high in potassium...but I only added a 1/2 cup of raw spinach per serving, which is acceptable : ) 

I got a bit of time tonight, so I will be planning for tomorrow.  Stay tuned...

Arti

No comments:

Post a Comment